All of the streets located within West Market are private roads, which means the community is responsible for all road and sidewalk maintenance.
For winter weather, snow removal begins when there is at least a 2-inch accumulation of snow as measured at Dulles International Airport.
The Board asks that all residents to use the following spaces first and foremost to allow for the snow removal company to clear the streets and street parking spaces as well as possible:
- Private parking space
The Association has created marked parking spaces to allow for snow to be plowed and stored (see blue sign and site map). Vehicles parked in one of these designated spaces will be towed offsite at the owner's expense.
- Clearing the street for emergency vehicles is the number one priority.
- Once a clear pass is made throughout the entire community, the plowing crew will continue with clearing the streets more.
- The Board will pre-treat as/if necessary for any sleet or freezing rain that is in the forecast.
The Plowing crews do their best to get to each area of the community, but residents are asked to be patient during larger storms as the process simply takes longer the more snow that falls.
RESIDENTS - PLEASE DO NOT:
- Speak directly to the plow crew
- Should you have a question or concern- please contact the On-site Manager.
- Shovel your driveway/sidewalk snow into the freshly cleared street
- If you must, you can do it before the clearing of the street
- NOTE: it is very likely that some street snow will be pushed back into the front of your driveway- it is unavoidable. You may have to re-clear this pushed snow at times.
COMMON AREA SIDEWALKS:
The Association's contractor will clear the sidewalks:
- Around the clubhouse
- Crescent Park Drive
- Market Street
- The perimeter sidewalk is done as directed by management
Sidewalks nearest to your property:
- Sidewalks that are adjacent to townhomes should be cleared by the homeowner/resident of that home.
- Residents are asked not to use corrosive materials as they could damage the concrete and/or pavers, but rather to apply a "light" layer of sand down to prevent slippage.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE PATIENT - WE ALL EXPERIENCE THE SAME STORM TOGETHER
CHECK IN ON NEIGHBORS THAT MIGHT NEED SOME HELP
THROW A SNOWBALL OR TWO
ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF NATURE FOR FEW MINUTES